Photo © Dennis Kunkel Microscopy, Inc. Used with Permission
Have you ever heard of Escherichia coli? I can almost guarantee that you have. However, when you think of E. coli, what you probably assume is that E. coli can cause you to feel very ill. This is true, but the organism that you are probably thinking about is only a specific strain of the E. coli bacteria, E. coli O157:H7. What you may not know is that you have millions of E. coli bacteria living inside of you right now, and they are all virtually harmless. There is a lot more to these little guys than you may think! Feel free to explore my webpage and learn a whole lot more about E. coli!
Here are just some notes about my webpage:
1. Any text that is in this shade of LIGHT BLUE is a hyperlink to another webpage, a page within my webpage, or to a page within Multipleorganisms.net
2. Any text that is in YELLOW is an important term for that specific section.
3. All other colors were used either for cohesion of the page, or just for fun!
4. Permission was granted to use any photos except those from a public domain, so if you would like to use the images yourself you will have to ask permission from the original source (and there are links to all original sources and Mouse-Over citations/links).
5. Images that have NO citations underneath were obtained from Microsoft ClipArt (this is also stated in the Mouse-Over).
Last Updated: April 25, 2008
Questions or Comments: Contact Justine Moder