Spirulina: the world's best superfood!

My name is Karali Fedor and I am currently a student at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. I am double majoring in Pre-Chiropractic and Biology with a Biomedical concentration accompanied by a Chemistry minor. I work as a Manager, Lifeguard, and Water Safety Instructor during the summer at my hometown pool the Spartan Aquatic Center. When I'm not at the pool, I am working as a Certified Nursing Assistant for a private company based out of McFarland, Wisconsin.

The goal of this website is to get you familiarized with the organism Arthrospira platensis. Let me start off by telling you a few details on this organism. A. platensis, also known as Spirulina, is a blue-green algae with amazing nutritional benefits. Because of this outstanding nutritional content, Spirulina has been called a "superfood." In order to be a superfood, the item in question needs to produce all the essential vitamins and minerals a body needs to survive. The fact that one organism contains all of these essentials is almost unbelievable!

We start our journey with the classification of Arthrospira platensis.

Next-->

Link to Multiple Organisms Webpage:
http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/