Contact Me

My name is Kayla Neitzel, and I am a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.  I have a biology major with a concentration in biomedical sciences.  As of today, I am Pre-Vet and hoping to go to graduate school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  I also have an interest of pursuing a career in physical therapy; only time will tell in which direction I will go with my life.  When I’m not studying, I enjoy being outdoors, dancing, and spending time with friends and family.  I grew up on a farm and was very involved in 4-H with showing dairy, pigs, and dogs until my graduation last year.  I created this website as an assignment for my Organismal Biology class taught by Greg Sandland and Tom Volk.  All of the organisms we chose had to be of medicinal value.  I chose Cinchona pubescens because I thought it was very intriguing that this tree had the capability to cure such a devastating disease as malaria.  This tree gives us all hope that there are cures out there for the other destructive diseases and illnesses that take the lives of so many people.

I would like to especially thank Forest and Kim Starr for letting me use their beautiful pictures!

If you have any comments or questions about my website, feel free to email me at neitzel.kayl@uwlax.edu

Home