- No nuclear membranes, no organelles in
cytoplasm, genetic material in form of single strands.
- Unicellular microorganism, many shapes,
no nucleus, no membrane bound organelles.
- Gram positive, cocci or rod shaped.
- Cocci or rod shaped bacteria.
- Order of gram positive bacteria, makes
up the lactic acid producing bacteria.
- Gram positive non sporing bacteria,
including parasitic, pathogenic, and saprophytic bacteria.
- Genus of spherical gram positive
Species: Streptococcus mutans
- A gram positive cocci, facultatively
anaerobic bacteria that forms rod-like chains.
Streptococcus mutans is
commonly found in the human oral cavity and is a significant
contributor to tooth decay.
Questions or Comments?