ABOUT ME!!

WHAT ABOUT ME?

Well, my name is Rachel Ross and I am a second semester freshman at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. I am currently majoring in Biomedical Sciences with an emphasis in Pre-Medicine, along with minors in Spanish and Chemistry. After I receive my degree at La Crosse, I hope to get into medical school. My ultimate goal is to become a rheumatologist, which is a doctor that specializes in arthritis. I have wanted to be this type of doctor since I was young, because I was diagnosed with arthritis when I was 18 months old. Regardless, I know I want to have a job that involves helping others. I enjoy singing, coloring, softball, rollerblading, and making my friends laugh (reason for the picture to the right). I'm a very happy person and live life to the fullest; I hope you enjoyed my website on Ganoderma applanatum!! Thanks for visiting!!

WHY DID I CHOSE GANODERMA APPLANATUM?  

The sun is shining and the weather is phenomenal. It’s the perfect time to go on a stroll through the park with a loved one. Well, that’s what I did anyway. While walking on the paths, my boyfriend and I came across a fallen tree. The tree was obviously decaying and we saw brackets growing from it. I examined the what I then called mushroom and scratched the underside. It stained brown. The boyfriend and I marked it with our initials and a heart (as cheesy as that sounds). It so happens that this fungus, Ganoderma applanatum, would be the organism I study and make a website on. If this does not make you fall in love with this fungus, I do not know what will. So check out this site and learn all you can about this interesting fungus; maybe one day, YOU can make memories that involve this awesome organism.

EXTRA VIDEO FOR FUN!

NEXT PAGE = HOME