Greenfish(Stichopus chloronotus)

Meet the Creator

Welcome to my website! My name is Marlaine Moede and I am a freshman here at the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse. I am currently a Biology major with a medical concentration and plan on continuing on to veterinary school later on. I created this web site as a project for my Organismal Biology class and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I chose to research this species because I have always been interested in marine animals and really did not know much about Holothurians other than the fact that they look like cucumbers. 

I am originally from Wausau, Wisconsin and grew up with one younger brother and many dogs. I have always had a fascination with animals and always love learning more about obscure species. In my free time I enjoy reading, playing piano (and sometimes the saxophone), hiking, biking, climbing or just hanging out with my dogs at home (and my friends I suppose). I also love to travel and whenever I get the chance, to scuba dive. After learning about Stichopus chloronotus and all of the other Holothurians, I hope that some day I will possibly get the chance to explore these organisms more while diving.

Thanks for visiting my website!!

Although I enjoyed learning so much about Stichopus chloronotus, I am no expert:

For any questions or comments contact me at: moede.marl@uwlax.edu or contact either Dr. Thom Volk at volk.thom@uwlax.edu or Dr. Greg Sandland at sandland.greg@uwlax.edu.

Click to view my references.

You can also find the web pages of my fellow classmates at MultipleOrgansims.net