|* They are the largest penguin and largest flightless
* They can weigh up to 65 pounds and
have a height of 45 inches.
* Emperor Penguins are the only birds to:
-Breed on the edge of Antarctica
-Lay eggs during the winter season
* They can stay underneath the water for an average of 18 minutes.
* Their life span is 19.9 years, with only 19.1% surviving the
* Emperor Penguins can dive
the deepest, withstand the coldest temperatures and travel the farthest on
feeding trips compared to all of the other penguin species.
* The can swim, on average, up to 9 miles per hour.
* On an average day, a penguin will eat about 20% of its weight in seafood.
* A group of chicks is called a crèche,
which is used for warmth and protection.