(P.S. I'm on the left!!)
Just helping you out!
My name is Brandon Schreiber and I am a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. This webpage was made for my Bio 203 class. I am majoring in the pre-chiropractic program here, so I will hopefully be graduating with a biomedical concentration degree. I chose the American alligator as my organism because I have always had the utmost respect for them and wanted to learn more about them. I was really glad I chose the gator because I learned a lot of things that I did not know of before and I hope you did too! Another reason I chose it was because while looking around on the internet I ran across the fact that they were really closely related to the birds?! They were the only two two survive Archosauria!
1) Neill, Wilfred T. The Last of the Ruling Reptiles: Alligators, Crocodiles, and Their Kin. New York, NY: Columbia University Press, 1971.
2) Pope, Clifford H. The Reptile World. New York, NY: Borzoi Books, 1955.
3) Minton, Sherman A., and Madge R. Minton. Giant Reptiles. New York, NY: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1973.
4) National Geographic: Realm of the Alligator. Videocassette. Columbia Tristar Home Video, 1993. 59 min.
5) United Status. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. American Alligator. U.S. Department of the Interior: 1996
6) United States. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The American Alligator. U.S. Department of the Interior: 1981