Contact Me

Hello everyone! My name is Kristy Martinson, and I am currently a freshmen studying at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. As of now, I am majoring in Biology with a concentration in Biomedical Science and minoring in Chemistry. Upon completion of my B.S. degree, I hope to continue to graduate school to become a Physician’s Assistant. My ultimate goal is to either work in the area of family medicine or obstetrics.

This website that I have created about Achillea millefolium was made to fulfill a requirement in my Organismal Biology Course. More specifically, the assignment was to be based around a medicinal organism. I chose this species, more frequently known as “Common Yarrow,” because of its prevalence in, not only the La Crosse area, but also around the entire U.S. Although this organism is very widespread, not many know of the numerous medicinal functions of what seems to be such a simple plant.

Throughout my research, I have not only gained knowledge about the complexity of the Common Yarrow and its role in modern medicine, but also I have come to realize the great diversity and functions of all types of plants and organisms. Now, I hope that all of you are also able to appreciate all of these concepts.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns in regards to my website, feel free to contact me at martinso.kris@uwlax.edu.

If you are interested, do not hesitate to take a look at the many other student-made web pages with topics on an array of organisms at the website MultipleOrgansims.net!

Thank you for visiting my site!

Back to References