Plakortis simplex

About Me

My name is Connor Pluym, and I am a Biology student here at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse.  Science has always been a great interest to me, especially Biology, which is why I chose this major.  Currently I am undecided of exactly what I want to do after I graduate from UW – La Crosse, but I know I want to do something in the medical field.  I am originally from a small town in Wisconsin called Kieler.  I enjoy being outdoors all year round.  In the winter I spend a lot of time hitting the slopes on my snowboard.  When I’m not working as a CNA during the summer, I spend most of my time wakeboarding and tubing on the Mississippi river.

I chose the organism Plakortis simplex because I was very fascinated in learning about sponges throughout this class.  I am just amazed at how they have no true tissues.  Sponges are the start of the animal kingdom.  When I found out that P. simplex is antimalarial, I finalized my decision.  Throughout this class we discussed malaria a lot so I already had some background information on it.  I really learned a lot about this organism and I am glad that I chose it.

This website was created to fulfill a course requirement for Organismal Biology 203 taught by Dr. Tom Volk and Dr. Gregory Sandland at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. 

I hope that you find this website interesting and helpful.  If you have any questions or comments feel free to e-mail me at pluym.conn@uwlax.edu.

To return to the homepage click here.

To learn about some other cool organisms check out MultipleOrganisms.net.

Or check out my school's homepage: