Polyrhachis lamellidens

About Me: Jason Cullen  a.k.a. (Jcully)

Greetings everyone! My name is Jason Cullen, and I am currently a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.  I am a bio-med major with a pre-medicine concentration.  This website was created as a project for my organismal biology class. 

To tell you a little more about myself, the two activities that occupy most of my time  involve anything sports related (except soccer) and studying.  I grew up in central Illinois, so naturally I am a huge fan of the Cubs and the Bears.  Unfortunately, being a Bears fan and going to school in the state of Wisconsin isn't exactly an ideal combination.  I do love to play sports and have fun, but I definitely take my studies very seriously as well.  I believe that you get out of your education what you put in, so I try hard to approach every class with a positive mindset and think of it as an opportunity to learn.

I chose to do my project on the Polyrhachis lamellidens, because it was an organism that I had never heard of before and I thought its pictures were really cool.  I am very glad that I chose to research this organism, because I thought it was extremely fascinating how these tiny ants possess chemical properties that can be used to benefit humans. 

Thank you to everyone who allowed me to use their photos. I would not have been able to make this website without you!

Photo taken by Chris Steffes

Click here to see the sources that helped me create this webpage, or click this to go back to my home page.

email: cullen.jaso@uwlax.edu