Polyrhachis lamellidens

Welcome to the amazing world of
               the Polyrhachis lamellidens!        

The Polyrhachis lamellidens is an ant species in which most people are probably not familiar with.  This ant is found in many places in Eastern Asia as well as in surrounding countries.  The Polyrhachis lamellidens has many unique characteristics that make it an extremely fascinating "critter."

Thanks to Benoit Guenard for supplying me with this image.
(This image cannot be found online)

As you can see from the morphological features in the image to the right, this organism has a complex body structure.  In order to help familiarize yourself with the anatomy of this organism, I've created a very cool interactive image using the photo featured to the right.  The image doesn't go into great detail but it should help!

Please have a look around the site to learn about this complex species.  After you are done be sure to check out more interesting organisms at MultipleOrganisms.net

Next stop: Classification/Phylogeny 

My name is Jason Cullen and I am a student at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. This webpage was created for my organismal biology class.  If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to contact me my email is listed in the About Me section.

Last updated: 16 April 2011.