Mentha piperita

All About Me

My name is Paige Hajos and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.  I am majoring in nuclear medicine and will graduate with minors in both biology and chemistry.  After graduation, I plan on returning to enter a physician's assistant graduate program.  I am hoping that after completion of the PA program, I am fortunate enough to work in a pediatric cardiology or oncology unit.

Outside of school, I love to be active.  There is no better relief from studying hard, than playing even harder.  Participating in intramural sports is one of my favorite things to do here at UW-L.  It's a great opportunity for me to catch up with friends that I don't see during the week and get away from long hours spent at the library.  I also love to cook, travel, and volunteer at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.

I chose to research Menthol and the Mentha piperita species specifically because it is an organism that is so commonly used in our day to day lives.  I've always enjoyed learning about where things come from and what other practical uses they have to us.  I have certainly gotten more than I thought I would out of this research and hope that it is as beneficial to you as it was enlightening to me!

If you have remaining questions or comments about peppermint or the information I've presented on it, feel free to email me at hajos.paig@uwlax.edu.  Be sure to check out MultipleOrganisms.net to see some of my classmates work in our mission to document every species worldwide!  Click here to head back to my homepage.

Thanks for stopping by!