About the Author

Hello everybody! My name is Amelia Ruiz and I am currently a freshman at the  University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. I am originally from New Berlin, WI, which is a suburb of Milwaukee. I am majoring in Biology with a Bio-Medical concentration and a minor in Nutrition. I am Pre-PA in hopes of becoming a Physician Assistant someday. I  love spending time with family and friends, especially going to Brewers games, camping, and taking road trips.

I have created this web page for my Organismal Biology class taught by Dr. Tom Volk and Dr. Greg Sandland. I chose Rubus Spectabilis because we needed an organism that we derive medicine from. It caught my attention due to the similar look it has to raspberries. I wanted to know how similar the two actually were. I now have a great appreciation for this organism and the contribution it has toward society.

I hope you find this web page very helpful and interesting. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to email me at ruiz.amel@uwlax.edu.

Thank you for viewing my web page. Look at some other interesting organisms such as Arthrospira platensis and Zingiber officinale, or check out the rest of my classmates organisms: MultipleOrganism.net 

University of Wisconsin- La Crosse website: uwlax.edu

<----  Previous Page                      Home Page