About Me

My name is Joanie Scholtz and I am currently a student at the University of Wisconsin La-Crosse. This website was made for my Organismal Biology class (go to the UWL Multiple Organisms website for more interesting organisms).

The theme was "medicinal organisms" and I picked Hoodia gordonii because it is a plant that is very close to my heart. Like the plant, I am also a native South African. I have lived in the United States for almost eight years and I go home to visit South Africa at least once a year because all of my roots are still there, just like the roots of Hoodia gordonii!

I am a big animal lover and would love to peruse a career in veterinary science. Most of my free time is spent horseback riding, which I have been doing for over ten years. Friends and family are very important to me, so I make a lot of time for them too.

I am enjoying my time here at UW La-Crosse and hope to make the best of it. My goal is to finish up al my schooling here in the U.S. and eventually return to South Africa to pursue whatever career path I decide to follow.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact me via E-mail and I will be happy to answer any questions.

E-mail: scholtz.joan@uwlax.edu