Limulus polyphemus

Atlantic Horseshoe Crab

My Five Minute Spotlight!

Welcome!  My name is Mackenzie Volz.  I am currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse.  I am majoring in biology with a concentration in biomedical science.  I am currently taking Organismal Biology and as a project I  researched and designed this webpage. 

I decided to research the Atlantic horseshoe crab because it is one of the oldest organisms still in existence today and the affect that this organism has on the world is not normally acknowledged.  Our dependency on this organism for medical and commercial purposes as well as its involvement in its habitat is fascinating!

I grew up on a farm outside a small town south of Mankato, Minnesota.  I am the third youngest out of four children in my family.  When my nose is not stuck in a book studying, I enjoy reading, watching movies, playing cards, listening to music, spending time with friends and family, and doing a variety of tasks and activities on the farm, especially playing tennis and softball with my dog!

Both photos on this page are my own.

I have enjoyed my research on the horseshoe crab!  I have learned so much and have come to appreciate the diversity of this amazing organism!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at volz.mack@uwlax.edu

To go back to view the references used, click here.

To go back to the home page click here.

To view other interesting web pages created by other students in Organismal Biology click MultipleOrganisms.net!